Need 89 wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 89 wiring diagram

I'm having an issue with my wipers/washer and ac/heat blower motor. Occasionally they both stop working. If they work when the car is first started they will work until car is shut off but the next day when car is started they may not work. I have a haines manual and found at the wiper motor, switch at the steering column and dash fuse block no 12 volts when they do not work. I need to find out where the harness going to the fuse block runs. Any help would be appreciated.

have you tried wiggling your key? Sounds stupid, but the switch wears out. Mines been doing that same thing lately. And I also found out the cooling fan wont work either. The key is on just enough to run. Now I always check by flicking the wipers on before I go.
    Last edited by ckiesman; 07-26-2013, 05:36 PM.
    1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

Now you only have two wishes remaining.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 07-26-2013, 07:14 PM.

Comment

How do you mean by wiggle the key. Once the car is started? Or before the is started? Just moving the key in and out? Or by wiggling the lock mechanism back and forth?

Comment

Try spraying WD-40 or contact cleaner into the ignition keyhole. I've cured intermittent wiper problems by spraying WD-40 in there. It gets rid of moisture and cleans. (I spray all the keyholes on the car with WD-40 every year or two.)
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

If you pull the lower plastic from around the column behind the steering wheel you might be able to get a little wd into the electrical part as well, there is a way in where the cap with all the wires is screwed to the plastic housing. Getting full key motion and a clean electrical portion would be the best you could do sans disassemble, clean and relube of both parts.
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
            X