Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88Adventurer wrote:
    "If it is the spindles, would it be safe to get some off another Festiva?"

I had a bad spindle which I replaced with one from a parts cars, it was like new. You will just have to check for wear. First determine it not something else.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

it is the walmart tires.
      or most likely....
      I had walmart winter tires on mine till this spring and when i bought 4 new summer tires and wow.
      no more loud road noise.
      shayne

Comment

Hey Bassman,
        I was thinking about the tires coming in to work. If I take a curve a little sharp it stops until I straighten back out. They were the only 12 inchers I could find when I got them on, and don't remember hearing that roar before. I've been wanting to upgrade to the 13 inch to have more options on the tires. Hopefully that's all it is. Thanks for the input.

Comment

If it changes when you go into a curve ,I would not say it is the tires ,you are changing the load on the bearing .You did say tire wear is fine RIGHT .
          I have had 3 sets of tires from WALMART ,I have never had a problem with them ,Never had any noise whatsoever . All season tires are different from winter tires.
          I have the same tires you have 1 set of Douglas 12's , 1 set of Douglas 13's .
          I have a set of 13" alloys with like new tire's I am going to bring to FF06'
          Stop driving your car before you cause more problems and cost you more money ,Get it fixed so you can come to FF06'
          ------------------------------------------------
          The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
          Smart Passion white with H-D interior
          HD2500 Duramax Chevy
          Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
          Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
          Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
          Z28 LS1 power 500 +
          90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
          It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Originally posted by 88Adventurer
            I was thinking about the tires coming in to work. If I take a curve a little sharp it stops until I straighten back out. They were the only 12 inchers I could find when I got them on, and don't remember hearing that roar before.
            Its not the tires!
            Packrat 427 is correct!
            Once again I had the same problem!
            Just means your bearing(s) are shot!
            Yes, a junk yard spindle will work just fine as long as it isn't damaged!

I personally would run more pressure in your tires than 31 psi but you have to determine the ride quality you desire and monitor your tire wear accordingly.

Seriously you need to pull that drum after you get at least one bearing set and the necessary tools to change it. They have been known to seize up! If you can't or don't feel confident in doing the job, bite the bullet and pay to have one done and see how relatively easy it is!
            If you had filled out your profile and we had some idea where you lived perhaps someone might volunteer to show you how its done.
            Once again your choice privacy vs local help!

Good luck!
            Maybe well see you at Waterford Hills, MI

Pu241
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
            X