FMS Rear Springs Making Noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS Rear Springs Making Noises

I'm having some really bad squeaky noises from my rear springs. I just installed KYB-GR2 Struts that had about 8k miles on them and FMS springs there were newly powder coated and had many miles of use on them 70k+ most likely. I'm pretty sure everything was installed properly, but I'm getting some crazy bad creaks from the rear. Sounds like the springs are spinning or loose or something...the noise also seems to be much more consistent on the driver rear...and that wheel bearing does need replacing...am I just getting so much wobble from the bad bearing that it's making my springs squeak? Here is the video I shot while driving around 55mph. I put over 500 miles on the car this weekend and it was scary to say the least! First step will be replacing the wheel bearings this week and hoping that solves the problem...otherwise these FMS springs are going bye bye!

-Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

the video is private.... can't watch it. you say the springs are newly powder coated, the squeek is likely an interaction between strut paint and powder coat. try a little lithyum paste at the spring pearch.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks for bringing that to my attention...I've made it unlisted so it should work now. Also I'll look into that spring perch and spring friction.
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts

Comment

ok just watched the vid, sounds like its a bare spring against the top of the tower. there should be a rubber isolator between the tower and spring at the top. also make sure there is good isolation for the strut rod as well.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I have strut boots on the front and back and I put the rubber isolator back on when I installed the spring...both of them were starting to get a whole where the springs comes to an end. I'll have to check and see if the rubber didn't get moved around or something..
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Working...
          X