Aspire hesitation issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire hesitation issues

So I've been having a terrible hesitation issue with my 97 Aspire for a few months now. What's happening is if I am driving and say I shift from 1st to 2nd and then press the gas in too fast and too hard, it starts hesitating and sputtering. It does it in all the gears, even at highway speeds. I'll try to post a video later if that would help with a diagnosis. Also if anyone is in the Lancaster area and is free tomorrow around 5 or so, we could meet up and try to figure it out. Thanks!

come see me
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

At work?

Comment

did what i did help at all?

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Absolutely! You sir are the man! I went to advanced and bought my axle shortly after, im hoping ill be able to do that with screwing anything up

Comment

i can walk you through it, you just need some specific tools: breaker bar, axle nut socket (29mm), pry bar (short and long). the rest is hand tools.

Comment

Umm how bout posting up the solution in case anyone else has the same problem?? Isn't that what forums are for?
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I'm not too sure about technical names of stuff, but Arty took my distributor cap off and there was oil leaking onto the inside of it. He then sprayed it down with something, I didn't get a good look. I also have a cracked part on the inside of the distributor which needs replaced (anyone have a distributor they want to sell?) Arty then reassembled, and I went on my way! All props to Arty!

Comment

After fixing it temporarily by doing this method the problem continued to surface. It did turnout to be the distributor. I replaced it and it's running like a top!

Comment

internal oil seal failure... too bad it's a PITA to repair (almost cheaper to replace than repair)

Comment

Working...
                    X