'92 Festiva Heater core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '92 Festiva Heater core

I'm pretty sure I need to replace the heater core. Anyone ever done it? How hard is it?
    dr. chuck

good question though.i have a 92 also and it's never blown real hot air. i didn't think they had heaters. if they do it would be nice to fix mine so next winter i'm not freezing in -20f weather.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

you might want to check the hoses that go to your heater core first

if not then.........

you have to pull the entire dash out, because the heater core case is directly behind the radio console

should take the novice about 3-5 hours to remove and install the dash

you may want to invest in a Haynes manual

Comment

If you're removing the dash you may also want to invest in a 10 mm brake line wrench. Makes removal much easier!

Regards,

Tim
        White '89L auto - Sold!
        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

how hard is it to remove the dash?

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

Unless it's leaking, and if not leaking you're sure the cooling system has been maintained (=regularly flushed), before you do any of that give the system a good flush. Heater cores will sludge up long before the amount of sludge makes the motor overheat, and that can be the reason for no heat. My '93 had been so neglected when I got it that it was both not putting out heat from the heater and overheating - a difficult feat!

Comment

I've noticed in alot of the festivas I have owned, the thermostat wears out and opens up too early, causing the car not put out much heat.
              The Festiva Store
              Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Working...
              X