Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AHh a lilttle help? fuse or somehting else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHh a lilttle help? fuse or somehting else?

OK i have a 91 festiva L,

last night when i was ddriving my tailight(when you apply presure it doesnt brighten up), dashlights (like checkengine, oil, seatbelts) turn signalls, and hazards alll went out.

i checked the fuses hazards was burned but i replaced it and they still dotn work.

no other fuses were blown. any ideah?

thank you.

ok update, i went back out and cehcked alll the fuses turned out "meter" fuse was blown. replaced it my dash came back to life.

the "stop" fuse is blows and when i goto change it and apply pressure on my brake it blows.

hazards and turn signals still dotn work.

Sounds like you have a short in your brake light system.
    Look for any exposed wires around the brake light switch on the brake pedal that might be shorting out. Then check around the bulbs in the back. Also where the 3rd brake light wire runs from the body to the lift gate.
    ~Jeff
    1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
    1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
    2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

try looking for water in the tail lights

Comment

I didnt see any exposed wires.

no water in the tailights. was in the garage. and i recently made those mouse pad gaskets. but i double checked anyway.

sorry. and thanks

Comment

does anyone know wich way the break lights wire from the switch by the pedal to the rear?

Comment

ok i fixed the brakes light.

BUTTTT

my turn signals and hazards still dont work.

il update you so i cna get more responses and/or ideahs.
            OK as you might know i installed Ground Effects or Neon lights under my car. front and rear were simple just zip tied them on. but for the sides. i hade to use brackets. came with so i predrilled the holes and then screwed them in tight. aperently when i screwed oen of them in went Right Though the harnes under the driver seat. i already fixed all the wires. but could i have blown the blinker module? is there one? ahh..

Ideah?

Comment

Working...
            X