dip stick tube issue??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dip stick tube issue??

i pulled the dipstick and change the oil and the whole tube and all came out for now i have a golf tee in there to cut back on oil loss any one give me any tips to fix this, is it a big deal??? also anyone tell me how to get the little pic next to your name?
    ***THE VWCHOPPERMAN***

(2)90 festivas
    66 VW Bus - 66 VW Beetle
    1979 Yamaha XS 650 chopper

Same Problem

I have a 1991 festiva LE with the same issue. It looks like the dipstick tube sheared off. Any ideas on getting that little piece out of the block?

Comment

Find something the same size as the tube and knock the remaining piece into the pan. On my Aspire my dad did that and I'm certain it never came out and I never had any problems. To install a new one put a little grease on it and slide it in there.
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Another way to get the old one out is needle nosed pliers, time and patience. Make sure you've got an o-ring or something to seal the new one when you put it in.

Comment

how do you get another one off another engine i've had someone else say the heated and twisted and it won't come out? i've got another one if i can just get it off the other engine
          ***THE VWCHOPPERMAN***

(2)90 festivas
          66 VW Bus - 66 VW Beetle
          1979 Yamaha XS 650 chopper

Comment

Usaually with a little pressure they come out, try spraying some good penatrate oil on the base first (like PB Blaster) then see if you can pull and twist it out.
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

Working...
            X