BP motor surging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP motor surging

hey guys, i've got an issue. My festy will start up and idle correctly, but when i try to accelerate it falls on its face, if I lightly touch the pedal the motor will surge really bad, as in itll surge to 3.5-4k rpms then bog to 100 or almost die. The fuel pump is hardwired and kicking, I'm not noticing any vacuum leaks but that's what im thinking it is. the O2 sensor was loose but i tightned that up and had no changes. any thoughts?

Car #789
    Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
    1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
    1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
    http://www.facebook.com/warally

i would start with the afm make sure the door is opening smoothly
    and make sure its half way level.
    Last edited by william; 09-26-2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Well I'm going to take it in. the MAF wasnt level so i repositioned it more level, battery was dead so i tried jumping it, tried starting it and saw sparks coming off the positive lead into the engine bay and when i pulled the maf off a little bit of white smoke rolled out of the tubing. I'm going to see if someone can take a look at it, hopefully they will accept it, and be able to figure it out. Thanks for the info, but I'm afraid im going to burn through another harness

Car #789
      Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
      1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
      1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
      http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

Sounds like a timing issue. Are the plugs wires correct. Also make sure you have good grounds.
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
        X