Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did B6 Swap, But Not Starting HELP!!!

Hey guys,

I did a B6 swap from a 92 Mazda 323 into my 92 Festiva with a manual transmission, but I can't get it started. In addition once i put the ignition into the on position, the fuel pump runs constantly. I am getting spark, and I am getting fuel. I did a compression test, and cylinders 1 & 2 are around 180 and 3&4 are around 150. I know that is a big gap, but it should at least start I would think.
    90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
    92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
    94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
    94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

are you sure its the fuel pump? on my BP after I finished it, the ISC (the thing we had to splice the plug for that we didn't know what it was) was buzzing all the time... still does, and the car works fine. Other than that, if you are getting compression, spark and fuel, its gotta be blowing up in there, unless its getting all three, but not at the same time. if nothing else, holler at me and I'll come down there and make it work... once you cars see my BP, they'll have to start working out of jealousy! :twisted:
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Hey Joseph,

I might have to take you up on that offer. I am leaving for San Antonio next Wednesday with the Festiva, so....I need to get it up and running:-) I am sure that it is the fuel pump that stays on contiuously. Its not a buzzing, its the beautiful hum of the fuel pump heheh. I don't have ANY of the interior in either, so it's really easy to ID. Is the 323 firing order different than the festiva? I have the 323 distributor in there. I didn't loosen or move it at all. Anyway, I better figure this out soon :?
      92 B6 Festiva, 5spd

Comment

well, I'm free monday, but thats it before wednesday. I can come down but it'd just be half a day cause I have class that night at 5:30. right now I would give anything for a fuel pump that would run at all for my silver... thats all thats holding it back from being my new DD and letting me have all kinds of fun with the blue car
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Well we added another ground wire (2 gauge!!!) from the engine to the frame rail, and that didn't take care of it. I also loosened up the distributor and rotated it both ways while cranking it and that didn't work. I double checked that the wires were in the correct order for firing, and they were. Any more ideas guys??
          92 B6 Festiva, 5spd

Comment

Anyone??? I forgot to add that I put on a new timing belt, but I made sure that the cam marks were set at 12 and 3 when I took the old belt off and installed the new one. If it was just one tooth off would the car not start at all? Like I said earlier, I tried rotating the distributor through the whole range, but no luck. I also installed the fuse panel that Mattswabb did on his and I am powering it from the starter, where I am running my trunk mounted battery positive to. Help me out guys :wink:
            92 B6 Festiva, 5spd

Comment

Time is running out on me :? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
              92 B6 Festiva, 5spd

Comment

Well we got it started! htchbck and his dad came down today, and we did some pondering We came to the conclusion that it was clogged fuel injectors. Unfortunately they couldn't stick around long enough to hear her fire up. I pulled the injectors from our other festiva that I had professionally cleaned, and it started right up. Thanks Joseph:-) I did have another issue with the car not shutting off though. I will start a new post for that issue.
                92 B6 Festiva, 5spd

Comment

Working...
                X