Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help Fast. Stunned Again. Auto vs Manual Inner Tierods, Different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nc_festiva View Post
    So now I am working on the rear brakes on the white one and I replaced the wheel cylinders, shoes, drums, inner and outer bearings, new grease etc. When putting the drum back on it barely wanted to fit back on and won't freely spin. Actually once I put the spindle nut on I can't get the drum to spin at all. Not sure its a bearing issue or I think its because the brake shoes are sitting on the drum. I was following the hynes manual but something isn't right. Is there an adjuster nut or something? Also it seems like the drum might not be sitting centered on the spindle/back plate. ANY Suggestions?
    Not sure how it could not be centered if you have it on the spindle and the nut is on and tight.

As far as the adjuster...yes there is. There is a small spring attached that keeps the lever tight but you can pry it apart and move it so the shoes are not so tight in the drums. If you did not notice that when you put everything back together then it may be locked up, along with the emergency brake mechanism. You should have made sure it was freed up or it could keep the shoes expanded also.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
    X