PCV Valve Housing Removal and Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCV Valve Housing Removal and Installation

Anybody have any information on how to safely remove the PCV Valve housing and install it without ripping it in half? Any help is appreciated!

Are you talking about the grommet?

Its easiest with the VC off. I have done it from above before, stick a small screwdriver down one side of the grommet and push it over till the "O" loocs like a "C", then pinch both sides together and try to wiggle it out. If the rubber is old/brittle it will crack.
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
      Are you talking about the grommet?

Its easiest with the VC off. I have done it from above before, stick a small screwdriver down one side of the grommet and push it over till the "O" loocs like a "C", then pinch both sides together and try to wiggle it out. If the rubber is old/brittle it will crack.
      Exactly as stated above. You might want to practice, at a JY, on expendable units first. They do tend to get brittle with age. If bits of debris falls inside the cover (should you not have removed the valve cover) you don't have to worry too much: there is an enclosed plate underneath that makes sure there isn't a direct drop into the valves and rockers.

Comment

Working...
      X