Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aaaahhh. pulled over. parking/marking lights out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aaaahhh. pulled over. parking/marking lights out.

92 l efi. my gf got pulled over last night because the orange lights were not working. front and back. front left has been burned out quite a while due to missing cover but that never effected the others before. i checked the other bulb, fuse, and wiring seemed fine. can't think of anything else. any ideas as to what could cause this to happen so quickly? worked perfect before last night. never had any wiring problems before. thanks.

adam

92l efi 240K+ stock

i think i may have figured it out. this is what my blinker/wiper assembly i took out of my car last weekend looks like.

the one i put in didn't have that white connector on it. there was a place to hold the connector from the car but it didn't plug in to anything. has anyone ever ran into this problem? i'm gonna mess around and see if there is some way for me to add it to the one i just put in. anyone take one of these assemblies apart?

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

ok, here's some more picks and some more problems i've encountered. first, these two picks are the light control arms off of both assemblies. the top one is from my old assembly off my 92 l w/o intermittent wipers. the bottom one is off of the one i just installed off of a 88 lx w/ intermittent wipers.

notice how in the first pic the top one only has the wire coming of off it and the other doesn't. this is what caused my no marking lights problem. i though i could just switch out the arms but if you look at the part that attatches to the asssembly they are different.

here's a pics of the wires under the steering wheel. the one to the far left is the one that doesn't connect to anything on my new intermittent assembly.

anyone else run into this? and if so what was your solution. i may temporarily have to just connect my old arm to the wire and let it hang until i can find another way. thanks for any ideas.

adam

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

I think the lowdown is that you can't put an early (orange) intermittent switch in a late (white) Festiva. But, you can convert the late non-intermittent switch to intermittent using the piece on the back of the orange one. I thought there was a how-to somewhere but don't find it.

Try re-posting with a different subject line to attract the attention of someone who's done it. I remember there's some minor trick - a tab you have to break off or something like that.

Comment

there's nothing in the how-to about this. i will try posting w/ a different subject.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

Working...
          X