No Spark, No Funds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Spark, No Funds.

So my 93 Festy will not start. It is not getting a spark. Not to the plugs. Not to the distributor nothing. My question is if it can be anything else besides the ignition coil or the ignition control module. I also was wondering which is more likely for it to be. Seeing as I am strapped for cash I can't shell out the 80 dollars for a coil and 55 for the control module. All my fuses are in good shape. It has ran perfect started and just been a great vehicle. I drive it every day from A to B to C to D and so forth. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by jbrown View Post
    So my 93 Festy will not start. It is not getting a spark. Not to the plugs. Not to the distributor nothing. My question is if it can be anything else besides the ignition coil or the ignition control module. I also was wondering which is more likely for it to be. Seeing as I am strapped for cash I can't shell out the 80 dollars for a coil and 55 for the control module. All my fuses are in good shape. It has ran perfect started and just been a great vehicle. I drive it every day from A to B to C to D and so forth. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Send me your address and I'll send you a coil and complete good distributor ! Merry Christmas !
    New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
      Send me your address and I'll send you a coil and complete good distributor ! Merry Christmas !
      That guy, right there... lol!!!

This place just wouldn't be the same without you!
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

@Shadetree

You're an awesome person for doing that!
        1990 Festiva L

Comment

VERY NICE!
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Yes Virginia, There really is a Santa Claus!

Comment

Anybody know this guy ? I need an address !
              New build on the way .

Comment

Bobstad would have dearly loved to hear from you a while back regarding inexpensive dizzies! Generous and very much welcomed gesture; Merry Christmas and season's greetings to you shadetree!

Please do remember to make careful note of the rotor orientation during the dizzie install because Mazda, for some strange reason, built in 3 different flats on the dizzie column for the rotor to catch on. There are enough of us around that have screwed up that procedure and wondered why the car wouldn't run even though there was now spark.

Comment

Shadetree is definitely a life saver, I owe a lot to him
                  89 LX (461xxx miles original motor and trans, retired)
                  90 L (restoration in progress)
                  91 L (saved from abusive owner lol)
                  92 L (DD)
                  88 (model unknown, rust free, possible project)
                  88-89 (parts car. practically picked to the bone)
                  93 GL (parts car)

Comment

Working...
                  X