Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got the B6 Running, but it won't shut off!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the B6 Running, but it won't shut off!!

Hey guys,

I fixed the issue with the B6 and it not starting in my manual 92 Festiva L(clogged injectors) but it won't turn off unless I pull the fuel pump fuse. I can even turn off the ignition and take the key out, but the car will still run. I went as far as disconnecting the battery and it still didn't shut down. hehehe I was like ...what the heck!!! I finally had to pull the fuse for the fuel pump and it shut off right away. The previous owner before me spliced into the power wire for the fuel pump and wired it directly to the ignition switch. It was working fine before my swap, but I guess it isn't working that well now. I also switched over to the blade type fuse block that Mattswabb did, so I am not using fusible links now. I connected the power source wire from the fuse block and crimped it to the positive wire for the battery (trunk mounted) that is connected to the starter. Other than that, I don't know what it could be. Suggestions? Comments?
    Thanks,
    Joe
    90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
    92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
    94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
    94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

Well I really can't diagnose the problem for you but I can tell you that disconnecting the battery won't work because the alternator takes over after the car is started.

Black '89 Ford Festiva L with 4 Speed Manual Transmission

Comment

With the key out and the engine off, does the fuel pump run? What if you turn the key to run and then take it out again?

Something is shorting the ignition to the run position besides the key.
      OX SMASH!!

Comment

hmmm... maybe its where you hotwired the fuel pump it is shorting out somewhere and keeping the circuit open. Check the Haynes, it has a lot of wiring diagrams in it, maybe you can trace why the guy hotwired the pump in the first place
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
        X