Battery Hold Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Hold Down

I know my Festie is old and such, but currently there is a bungie cord holding the battery in the car. Now, I also know I do not have a perfect car, but
    can someone take a picture of their battery and what/how it is being held in the car? I would really appreciate that.
    I want to find a actual battery holder to make my little Festie just a bit less of a JY car and more like a every day driver.
    Thanks anyone

I just removed my battery and threw it in the trunk ! If you want the hold downs send me an address to ship them to !
    Yup !! Merry Christmas !
    New build on the way .

Comment

I wanna stick mine in the back!...rofl...uhmm...pix?
      1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
      2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
        If you want the hold downs send me an address to ship them to !
        Yup !! Merry Christmas !
        Santa!!!

Comment

Pfft.. who needs safety devices like 'Battery Hold-Downs'.

This is 'Merica!
          White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
          White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
          1988 LX 5-speed
          ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

I'm using a ratchet strap, but you can get a cheap purpose "designed" strap from Wal-Mart for a few bucks. It's really not that big a deal anyway. I ran without any hold down for years without issue. I guess in a wreck or if you're Advancedynamix you might have an issue with it, though. I'll get a pic today if I can remember.
            Last edited by sketchman; 12-04-2013, 05:27 AM.
            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

shadetree - I sent you a PM with my info. Thank you for your kindness. I love the pay it forward thing. There is a thred somewhere here to offer things up for free and I have put a couple of things out there, but no takers. Anyway, thank you again.

Comment

When i was still in the states and working on my car after the engine swap i just put the battery in the trunk until i pulled the rear seat out and then i stuck it in between the front seat and the bump in the back floor for the gas tank and it worked just fine not much sliding around and i drive very aggressively.
                91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
                Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
                Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Powerstiva, did you vent it? Or did you have a gel-cell?
                  1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                  2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

My 17 year old daughter uses this as her daily driver. I cannot move the battery or remove the back seats. She hauls my other 2 daughters around with her quite a bit. It still would be cool if anyone had a moment to snap a pic of their battery hold down so I could at least know what it looks like. The manual doesn't list it or show it.

Comment

Mine is a gel cell
                      91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
                      Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
                      Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Working...
                      X