Alternator troubles + New alternator questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator troubles + New alternator questions

Hi everyone, I'm Fred and after putting 3,000 miles on my 91 festiva (74,000-77,000) and installing a 10inch sub and amp (425 watt) with 275 watt wires running everything, and the sub and everything was running fine until my alternator started making noises and the lights dimmed and eventually, the point I am at now is my car wont start in the morning, the battery is new and everything so im pretty sure its the alternator, Is it just me or are alternators for festivas expensive? Advance auto parts quoted me $99.99 for one and online they are going for $130, Anyways any feedback is appreciated as I am new to diagnosing car problems and fixing them (: haha Thanks everyone!

you can upgrade your alt with a unit from a Capri. and $100 for an alt is NOT expensive... $400 is expensive, lol. i'll get you a part # for the upgrade, please hold.

Denso W0133-1602489-ND

it's a 70 amp unitand should be a plug and play solution.
    Last edited by FestYboy; 12-06-2013, 01:06 AM.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
    X