heat wont turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heat wont turn on

After finishing my bp swap on my festy the heat didn't work or the blower but once I switch it to cold air the blower kicks in and works just fine.... I hammerd the firewall back for the motor to fit so any ideas of what I broke/knocked loose? If not there a way to plug a space heater into the car
    1993 festy "white stallion" BP swap with 7" lift, 1ton wench
    R.I.P. 1991 festy "the festiva" stock b3, atv bumper, 8' whip

Maybe you kinked the heater core.....

Comment

That wouldn't affect wether the blower is on or are they two different ones for hot and cold?

Comment

wow
        ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
        91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
        1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
        2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

The blower resistors are potted in delicate ceramic on the blower housing. If your blower functions at all speeds, then that is not the problem. Only one blower motor for both hot and cold.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 12-09-2013, 01:45 PM.

Comment

The hot/cold lever on the blower housing only controls the position of the damper.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 12-09-2013, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Pinched a cable?
              1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
              1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
              1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
              1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
              2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
              2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
              2005 Accord - wife's DD
              2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

I kinda figuered there was only one but had to check. The blower works on all speeds only in cold and once I Switch it to hot it shuts off so has to be something mechanical or bent.. so ill look tomorrow when it worms up cuz its nebraska.. cuz its winter today and summer tomorrow but any specifics thangs I should look for?

Would a pinched cable shut of the blower when you change to hot/cold cuz you can't even hear it run
                Last edited by Micro Mudder; 12-09-2013, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Just curious have you tried it with the heat on in all the levels, like defrost and such.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin86ranger View Post
                    Just curious have you tried it with the heat on in all the levels, like defrost and such.
                    Yea I tried that but its doing the same thang on all levels and the blower still won't turn on unless set to cold

I guess I could live with cold defrost and cold heat but may not fly so wil with other people haha
                    Last edited by Micro Mudder; 12-09-2013, 01:59 PM.

Comment

l am betting that you either knocked out, bent or broke the plastic bracket on your blower rod damper arm that controls air flow to the heater core. When you move the hot/cold lever, does the cable move the damper on the lower left side of the blower?
                      Check if the top center ducts are closed. They must be closed in order to send the blower air down to the heater core (just before the defrost position).
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 12-09-2013, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Ill have to check that if it is broke there a way do wire/ducktape it to fix it?

Comment

No. Just get replacement pieces from a junkyard. The plastic duct control arms are held in place by washers and screws. You may get lucky and find your heater control cable just popped out of the retainer clip on the blower housing. If so, I will permit you to purchase one single draw Mega Millions ticket. It's only up to $344 Million right now.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 12-09-2013, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                            No. Just get replacement pieces from a junkyard. The plastic duct control arms are held in place by washers and screws. You may get lucky and find your heater control cable just popped out of the retainer clip on the blower housing. If so, I will permit you to purchase one single draw Mega Millions ticket. It's only up to $344 Million right now.
                            Only $344 million that's enoungh to buy all the festys in the world and yea my next trip to the junkyard ill pick one up and any other easy thangs I can take off the festy there

Comment

Originally posted by chris (Festiva) View Post
                              Only $344 million that's enoungh to buy all the festys in the world and yea my next trip to the junkyard ill pick one up and any other easy thangs I can take off the festy there
                              not enough to buy the low milage ones on eBay though.

Comment

Working...
                              X