What could this be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What could this be?

Ill be driving along and without warning the car will just shut off, not sputter and choke out, just quietly click off. I was doing some VAF work but if that was bad it shut off alot more often, this is only like two or three times during the week? any thoughts :?
    in a world of ricers and high gas prices, whats a boy who craves a muscle car to do? Buy a Festiva!

please read

Comment

aight, heres the info, 93 GL FESTY, 5spd, like i said, she just clicks off without a warning, not like its not getting enough air/fuel. Ive scouted out a 1988 323 with a B6 for $225. So i mite just fix it buy swappin in an engine
      in a world of ricers and high gas prices, whats a boy who craves a muscle car to do? Buy a Festiva!

Comment

you may want to look at your main relay

located behind the driver side head light

and swapping this engine might not help

Comment

faulty ignition control module can cause random stalling. located inside the distributor, it can be taken out and taken to some auto parts stores for free testing. see also www.ncf.ca/!ag384/Cars.htm for description of replacing ICM on my '89 Festiva.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

The ignition control module on FI cars is not in the Dist. It is located just behind and to the drivers side of the ignition coil on the driver side strut tower
            Paul
            91GL
            Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

Working...
            X