No announcement yet.

Fuel pump diagnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, this thread helped diagnosis a no start issue on my Festiva. I had no fuel pressure and assumed a pump issue, but decided to troubleshoot and found no power to the pump. It wound up being corrosion on the VAF connector sprayed it with some cleaner and little wire brush and it started right up.
    Last edited by Eaglefreek; 08-25-2018, 07:56 AM.
    Rick
    1993 Ford Festiva
    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
    2000 Ford E350

Comment

Thats what friends are for
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Most electrical problems on our Festivas could be traced to terminal corrosion and bad grounds.
        All of our old cars would benefit from wire wheeling ring terminals and inspecting the wiring harness by pulling apart every connector. Like I've said before, you only lose about 1/4" when you re-terminate.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 08-25-2018, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks for this thread guys. I changed fuel pump and my 1991 Festiva did not start. I also did not hear the fuel pump when I turned the key on like you would with many other cars.
          I never checked the voltage while cranking only with key on. I didn't want to keep cranking for fear of running down my battery, but that is all it needed.

So the fix for me after getting worked up and yes removing and replacing the fuel pump like half a dozen times, all I needed to do was keep cranking! Vrooom - I'm off to the races.

Comment

Working...
          X