AFR question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFR question

you guys that have the afr installed, did you use the factory O2 sensor location? or did you do what the instructions said about adding the bung supplied downstream 18" and at a 10* angle? ,,

a bung installed anywhere after the manifold would be good.
    The closer to the manifold the more accurate it would be though.
    Last edited by rmoltis; 01-10-2014, 09:44 PM.
    Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Mine is in the factory location.

Comment

Originally posted by zoe60 View Post
        Mine is in the factory location.
        If your using a standalone and using a wideband for afr values directly to the ecu this is great idea.
        It would be more accurate and easy to install.

But if you were still using the stock ecu running off of the narrowband it would have to stay in its original location so it would stay warmed up and give accurate numbers.
        And the wideband running to an afr gauge would have to have a bung welded in after the manifold.
        And seeing as the wideband is heated it wouldnt have problems but would be most accurate closer to the manifold.

If you were to get a wideband wired straight to the stock ecu for afr signal
        It would have to be able to switch from .01-5v to .01-1v in order to be compatable with the ecu signal values.
        Then you could wire the gauge in as well.

But you would lose the extra resolution of the wideband for which the point of installation would be pointless because it would be in "narrowband" mode.

So if you just wanted it for the afr gauge leave the stock narrowband in its location for the ecu.
        And have a second bung welded in somewhere after the manifold.
        But remember since the wideband is heated you could put in anywhere in the exhaust stream.
        But its more accurate the closer to the manifold it is installed.
        Last edited by rmoltis; 01-11-2014, 01:32 PM.
        Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

My wideband has an extra wire that I hooked to the original O2 sensor wire that acts like it is the original sensor. ECU doesn't know anything happened. Anyway, with a Weber swap the ECU doesn't do anything for you anymore.

Comment

Heres a picture of my 3'' Downpipe and exhaust...you can see where my bung is for my wideband. The factory 02 is not used for me because im on Megasquirt.

-M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Working...
            X