Diagnostic plug help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diagnostic plug help??

Can someone please help me find the OBD1 plug in for my 1990 festy? Is it under the hood or hid in the car??

Can anyone help me? I need to find out what wires to jump to pull the codes.

Comment

Search engine.

Comment

Originally Posted by georgeb
        There's a 3-gang empty connector near the brake booster. There is also a single one next to it. Get a male blade connector and crimp it to a piece of elec wire with an alligator clip at the other end. Attach the blade to the single connector and ground the alligator clip. Turn the key to ON and observe the blinking of the CEL. The long illumination is the first number and the short is the second. It will cycle through all the stored errors then repeat. The Haynes manual has what component corresponds to what code.............................................. .................................................. ...There is also a single terminal connector around there for testing the fuel pump. I believe that STI connector you want is black? I would suggest being careful of static electricity on that terminal, maybe ground youself on the car and put the blade connector in with insulated pliers. I pulled this up for you by entering "check codes" in the search box at the top of the page. You can check for info there in the future.
        When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

Thanks guys for the help! Hopefully I can get things running again!

Comment

Working...
          X