Cranks fine: Will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cranks fine: Will not start

My 1991 5-speed survived the blizzard in an unheated garage. When the weather finally cleared, it started right up and I drove it 75 miles in horrible road conditions. Next day with temps around 40 it started and drove fine. I left it out in the rain last night to get some of the salt off of it, temps still around 40. Today it cranks fine, but will not start. I'm going to charge the battery overnight. I wish I could get it back in the garage, but it is uphill. It's going below freezing tonite, but back to 40 tomorrow. I love this car, and this is the first time since I've had it that it failed to start. Any ideas???

This is a common problem. I highly recommend using the search engine to find a list of possibilities. You need gas and spark. Check for both.

Comment

If it cranks fine then it is not the battery. Agreed, you have to isolate it to either a fuel prob or a spark prob and go from there.
      Oldest Festiva on the forum (so far) 3/87 LX - 225k
      89 Tracer 13" alloys and dome light. Pioneer stereo, all else is stock.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen. Fuel and spark are tomorrows agenda.

Comment

Just to follow up. I re-installed the battery today and it fired up instantly. Drove 30 miles flawlessly. I LOVE THIS CAR!

Comment

Working...
          X