***no spark help!***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***no spark help!***

my 91 gl 5speed doesn't have any spark. It has a stock 1.3. I got it like this and I'm not sure where to start. Any suggestions? :?

is the coil getting power??
    start there
    if it is put a timing light on the coil wire see if it flashes.
    try that

shayne

Comment

ok. Check: EGI fusable link, Main relay (by the over flow for the rediator), check ur coil wire, ignition module, ignition coil, GROUNDS!!!. And report back if u find any of that bad or if it all checks out and we will go from there.

Comment

And make sure you have a good battery...

Regards,

Tim
        White '89L auto - Sold!
        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

no spark solution

The problem will probably be the ignition module inside the distributor or the coil. I have found it is cheaper to buy complete used working distributor than to buy just the module. One time a guy said his no spark problem turned out to be a wire he had left off the alternater after an engine swap but if you havent messed with the alternater that is not likely in your case. Make sure the distributor cap and rotor button arent totally wasted also. Good luck.

Comment

The ignition module isn't in the disty. It is mounted by the ignition coil. The crank position sensor is in the disty. do u get a code? ground the diag terminal and watch for the check engine light to flash with the key on and engine off.

Comment

Working...
            X