Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not working one ore more cylinders

Hello!
    I tried to use the search, but by virtue of the fact that not very well know English slang, found nothing.

Short history:
    I cleared cooling system and radiator heater. Under the hood, remove only thermostat housing, and distributor cap. When screwed back the thermostat housing, it successfully broke.

I ordered a new. While waiting (2 weeks), car stood in the garage, the temperature was below 0 Celsius.

When all put together, run the engine. Runs fine, works normally 5 seconds, then lights "check engine", lights up for 5 seconds, then goes off and the engine runs as if one cylinder is not working. Here this term I do not know how to English

If drown and then run - immediately begins to run poorly, but the lamp is not lit.
    If disconnect the terminal, and after few minute turn - the same thing that I described at the beginning. Ie a few seconds works fine, then check ....

In this case all of the exhaust naturally horrible smell and the sense of one or two non-working cylinders.

Tried to press the acceleration pedal several times. It's nothing.
    Tried to warm up a bit, but for 5 minutes, nothing has changed. Then it was impossible to breathe.

All high-voltage wires checked, cleaned the distributor cap, distributor slider cleaned.

Candles have not watched, and the error still can not be read.

What are thoughts on this?
    On the Ukrainian forums found one of the probable causes, what bad gasoline. Although refuel a long time, at the same gas station.

But why then it works fine a couple of seconds?
    Last edited by Pu241; 01-29-2014, 08:45 PM.

Double check your firing order.
    1-3-4-2 counterclockwise.

Comment

if it was running right before I'd suspect it's something you removed to replace parts. Did you remove the intake pipe? Also like stated above check firing order and verify you have spark at every spark plug wire. And verify you have no vacuum leaks. Recheck all you work and report back. Good luck.
      "Its not fast, but its fast for a festiva."

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        Double check your firing order.
        1-3-4-2 counterclockwise.
        Hi and thanks. Just checked one more time. It's correct.

Self diagnostic give me error number 8. In the manual says it's problem with MAF circuit.

I check connector on the MAF, check moving part in the MAF, all ok.

It's no any problem with it before.

Comment

I identify patterns, what really matter is associated with the MAF.

Ie the engine is started, then ECU check MAF, reveals some mistake, and goes into emergency mode.

If you disable the MAF, the "chengine" lamp does not turn on, and the engine is running normally.
          But it is necessary to press on the accelerator, the engine stalls.

As far as I know, the MAF can not suddenly die.

Comment

Originally posted by turbokid View Post
            if it was running right before I'd suspect it's something you removed to replace parts. Did you remove the intake pipe? Also like stated above check firing order and verify you have spark at every spark plug wire. And verify you have no vacuum leaks. Recheck all you work and report back. Good luck.

All I disconnects - distributor cap, thermostat housing and the heater tubes.
            Honestly-honestly.
            Intake pipe is checked, clamps clamped all Vacuum tube in place.

Comment

When you replaced your thermostat did you disturb a wire or connector for the cooling sensor? I would definitely look into that.Considering it was operating correctly before you replaced the Thermostat.
              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                When you replaced your thermostat did you disturb a wire or connector for the cooling sensor? I would definitely look into that.Considering it was operating correctly before you replaced the Thermostat.
                Off course i disconnect wire of thermoswitch.
                But if you (and I) try to switch ignition "on" with disconnected thermoswitch, cooling fan will work permanently.
                So i connect wire, and fan silent

Comment

5. РЕГУЛЯТОР ТЕМПЕРАТУРЫ

Check that the temperature sensor is connected.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    5. РЕГУЛЯТОР ТЕМПЕРАТУРЫ

Check that the temperature sensor is connected.
                    100% connected!
                    As i know, this sensor for temperature on dashboard. (5)
                    And temperature to ECU is number 9

Comment

Yes the VAF can go suddenly bad. I would check to make sure the intake tube didnt develop a hole first.

Comment

From the symptoms you are having.You need to suspect your Cap,Rotor,Distributor & VAF. I have had two Distributors fail (CPS inside Distributor) and received your exact symptoms. Shut off fuel supply and inspect for weak spark- If the spark is good,the Distributor might not be advancing properly (failing CPS). Try replacing the Distributor with a known good unit.
                        Last edited by nitrofarm; 01-30-2014, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                          From the symptoms you are having.You need to suspect your Cap,Rotor,Distributor & VAF. I have had two Distributors fail (CPS inside Distributor) and received your exact symptoms. Shut off fuel supply and inspect for weak spark- If the spark is good,the Distributor might not be advancing properly (failing CPS). Try replacing the Distributor with a known good unit.
                          Sorry, what is CPS?

You mean try to replace distributor or disributor cap?

Comment

^ CPS = Cam Position Sensor. Did you replace the rotor & cap?
                            The reason I ask is because the rotor can be installed in three different positions.
                            Last edited by nitrofarm; 01-30-2014, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Not yet. Garage for 5 km from me. And my diesel bus refuses to start in -15°C

I have another cap, and another rotor. Today i'll try.
                              But where i can to take whole distributor, i can not imagine!

Comment

Working...
                              X