Rain guard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain guard?

How do i get the rain guard off? Do I have to remove the bottom piece of weather stripped on the windshield? Please let me know, I can't drive my car until i find out. The driver side wiper broke and I have to drive the car on wednesday.

Thanks!

If you are talking about the cowl in front of the windshield, it does not come off, It is spotwelded and is part of the body.
    To get at the wiper transmission, you have to remove the wiper arms, remove the nuts holding the wiper transmission to the cowl and pull the assembly out through the plate that holds the wiper motor. Good luck.

Note to self: Always remove Festiva wiper transmissions along with thermostat housings at the junk yard.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 03-04-2014, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Is there a way to get the rods out of the car? I need to get the driver side wiper transmission out. I want to have it done by tonight, I'd look myself but I'm not home atm.

Thanks

Comment

Yeah, you can take the panel off on the firewall and pull them all out from there.
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Sock, this is what the part you have to replace looks like.

Here is the part number, just in case you want to buy a new one on Rear Counter.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 03-10-2014, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X