im thinking about buying a 91 festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im thinking about buying a 91 festiva

Like the title says im looking at a 91 festiva with 171k. what should I be looking out for? Any common problems? Thanks in advance.

Look at the bottom for rust. Especially in the rear beam mount area and under the door jams.
    What area are you located in? Northern cars are more prone to rust than those down here in the south.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I am in colorado.

Comment

That's good, CO doesn't use salt. 171K is no prob if it's been taken proper care of.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Ok I just looked at and it has no rust. She said the prevous owner had it sence 95 and had the motor replaced. The engine looked realy clean and had what looked like a brand new alternator. It did have some erosion on the battery anything I should look out for with that?

Comment

Without knowing your knowledge of Festiva's, if you work on it or have ANY right rear work done on it, remember that the right rear axle nut has LEFT handed threads. The rear axles are getting hard to find if the threads should get stripped. Sounds like the battery terminals just need cleaned. Can you get any info on the maintenance done on the car?
            That would give you an idea of whats due next and how good it was taken care of in the past.
            Jerry
            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
            93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

She didnt have any papers on work done or anything I have never worked on a festiva but have dont extencive work on difrent maks and models. I wont be paying alot for it but the oil looked good and filter looked new she said her father in law maintained verry well and is selling because she is expecting and just got a bigger car.

Comment

Nice!! Just be aware of that right rear axle nuts backward threads.
                Last edited by Team Lightning; 03-12-2014, 08:31 PM.
                Jerry
                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

Working...
                X