Battery Tray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Tray

I am getting ready to pull the engine/transmission in my 91 Festie. The car has auto and a/c. I plan to remove as much as I can from the engine bay and engine to make the job easier. Can someone tell me if there is an easy way to pull this battery tray? The top 2 bolts were easy, I broke one off, but the bolt on the bottom is near to impossible to reach. What is the easiest way to do this? Any other tips on pulling the engine will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Better to jack up the front of the car or use ramps and get at it from below after hitting it with some BP Blaster*® and let it soak a few minutes/hours if possible.
    Then replace it with a new bolt properly coated with anti-seize.
    Been there and done that!
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Will do. Thanks.

Comment

I've found the bottom bolt doesn't need to come out. As long as you have the top two bolts out, you can wiggle side to side and pull up. There is a U shaped slot in the tray that rests on the bottom bolt is all. Reinstallation is the reverse of removal.
        -Zack
        Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
          I've found the bottom bolt doesn't need to come out. As long as you have the top two bolts out, you can wiggle side to side and pull up. There is a U shaped slot in the tray that rests on the bottom bolt is all. Reinstallation is the reverse of removal.
          That is true, but if you can get the tray out it gives you more room to work if you want to remove and replace that bolt!
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
          X