Bad Vibrations :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Vibrations :(

Coming home yesterday my clutch slipped for the first time that I've noticed. This morning I was greeted by the oil light. Stopped immediately in the parking lot to check for loose wires or anything that might jump out at me. Nothing.

Then about 1000ft down the road I hear a tapping start. It's quiet at first.

Then a few minutes later.

Just checked the oil level about a day ago. It was fine. I haven't checked it again yet. Thinking it's time for some major doins underhood.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Is the rear main leaking , that may be why you noticed your clutch slipping? ? Check the oil it that thing! !!!

Comment

That's possible I guess. It would have had to blow out all of a sudden, because oil usage has been typical of what I'm used to with my Festivas with a couple 100ks on them, and it's never done this before.

I'll check the level again and see what's up.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Bad Vibrations

Need to straighten that air flow meter. I had a b6t start making this sound after I started messing with blow through setup. Sounds like a diesel time for a new motor.

Poor blue. I think if that door hangs funny it may not be varying the air correctly then engine may be running lean or rich.
        Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 04-13-2014, 06:15 PM.
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

VAF is OK like that. I've heard others mention that possibility, but I've used it like that for many thousands of miles, and it's fine. I'd say the bad experiences with it are from a weak VAF spring from lots of use or something.

Yep, I figured it's motor time. Soon.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Looks like you need to write something else on it. Drill motor mount here. Put in B8 here.
            White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
            White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
            1988 LX 5-speed
            ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

What's the timing set to?
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Timing? Valve or ignition? Don't see how that would cause it. It ran fine to work and back one day. Then the next day this happened.

Found a B6-ME 4 hours away. I don't want anything bigger than the B3 really, but since it needs something anyway, I just might do a swap after all.
                Last edited by sketchman; 04-14-2014, 07:39 AM.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                  Timing? Valve or ignition? Don't see how that would cause it. It ran fine to work and back one day. Then the next day this happened.

Found a B6-ME 4 hours away. I don't want anything bigger than the B3 really, but since it needs something anyway, I just might do a swap after all.
                  My old B3 did something very similar with bad ignition timing. B6 sounds like a plan.
                  1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Ahh, OK. Never heard of that. Too advanced did it?

Mine is very unscientifically "in the middle" of the adjustability, which is just where it was when I got the car, so I put it back that way. The yard from car-part.com isn't responding to me just yet. Hope they do soon.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Can't believe it's been a year since it has run.

I gotta learn not to turn repairs into projects. It's either time or money. Never both.

In case anyone was wondering, CHANGE YOUR FREAKING OIL!!! or you too could be changing your freaking engine.

40-60k on the top, ???k on the bottom, and I believe not too many oil changes difference between them. People are chock full of stupid.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Working...
                      X