Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 GL Auto Engine Replacement

Happy Easter everybody!

Recently, I've been driving a 1993 Festiva GL Automatic. Sadly, it burns an excessive amount of oil and the automatic transmission has a bad leak from the bell housing, possibly from the torque converter seal. So either the transmission or the engine will need to come out. Now sometime in the future I want to upgrade the motor for my 1988 Festiva LX that is carbureted. In the meantime, I want to know if I pull the motor out of the 1988 LX and trade the manifold and distributor from the 1993 GL Automatic to make it EFI, and then remove the motor from the 1993 GL and put the CARB manifold and distributor on it and install it in the 1988 LX Manual. In short, can the 1988 LX CARB engine be modified as a donor for a 1993 GL EFI Auto

People may wonder why I'm doing this...

The 1993 GL is Automatic so it's more practical for my grandparents to drive, and overhauling it's motor is out of the question due to being in school full-time and working part-time. I want to completely restore the 1988 but it's really a second car, so there's no rush, but I do want it able to run under its own power.
    Last edited by creyes1994; 04-20-2014, 08:08 PM.

hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in with more info but i'm pretty sure there will be wiring/ECU issues between the 2. alot of work to lose 5HP. the 88 carby is 58 and the EFI is 63. plus you're going to saddle it with an ATX if i'm reading you right. but hey, some people like pain.

Comment

yes i have swapped a carb engine for a efi one. they will swap just fine just make sure to swap everything down to just the block and vc. basically if it is attached to the efi take it off and swap it
      93 L plus 5 speed, custom herculined paint job, custom billet grille

Comment

Working...
      X