Bogging down, feels slower, barly wants to rev and be lively

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogging down, feels slower, barly wants to rev and be lively

My extremily Low K's festiva is having a hard life.. I was driving around 2 days ago, and i discovered that the car felt sluggish and slow, the revs were really jumpy, and it was nearly impossible to properly rev it right up.. I got home and was pondering when i discovered i had the ac blasting, switched it off, and it came right, just a little jumpy (something its always done) now it gets worse. when i flick the air con back on, it leaps to 2000 breifily and the lights pretty much turn right off.. Sounds like the engine is strugling..

And today, i was driving middle of the day, i was fine for about 15 minutes untill it happened, it felt slugish, it just seems to have lost all scense of life

I run my car on 95 Octane (premium in nz) we also have 91octane (i think the states would call it E85).. but i feel that couldnt cause my problems

Im hoping to figure out what's causing it, i have the full service history for the car and its never had the fuel filter replaced, so im tempted to try that, but other then that, what else would cause my car to essentially run ruff, slow and like it wants to go slow even when my foots down.

I just hope its not the end of my wee car for the mean time, i got plans for a fe3+T engine, but surely my wee car cant start begging for one now.. its to soon, im yet to finish the suspension upgrade (trying to find a way to add camber) and find a second hand body kit and put two together (frankinstien bodykit)

(((Damn, im so worried about my wee car i put this in the completly wrong place, i sore engine and didnt see the rest.. )))
    Last edited by SrrTalkalot; 05-20-2014, 05:50 AM. Reason: posted in wrong place
    Owner of NZ's Lowest Aspire (festiva in nz)

When changing your fuel filter, replace the small piece of fuel hose between the hard fuel line and the fuel filter with a new piece of hose.

Comment

Working...
    X