Distributor Shaft Lip Seal *Internal*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributor Shaft Lip Seal *Internal*

I read a thread on here before about somebody trying to source the parts number for the replacement without buying an already rebuilt distributor but without any further replies with their progress. So far it seems everybody says that you still have to buy another distributor, I was wondering if anybody has found out the part number yet to the repair before I start calling up tons of numbers of brands who do the rebuilds.

What are you after? The part number for the ignition module? carb or EFI distributor?
    I have a lot of distributor O-rings from Four Greem.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-29-2014, 07:28 PM.

Comment

The thread topic, the internal seal.

Comment

Part of the cover? KK15018V48
        Last edited by bravekozak; 05-29-2014, 09:48 PM.

Comment

no , the seal that goes behind the shaft bearing.

Comment

The governor assembly is listed for an Aspire at NOS Parts.
            F4BZ-7C053-A
            Does anyone know if Aspire distributors were the same as a Festiva?

Comment

I have an aspire head on my festiva , so im pretty sure their identical.

Comment

but from searching that part number on google and the price that shows up... doesn't seem to be what im looking for... all it is that I need is one of these.

but just with the right part number that fits the festiva , the part number thats on the original seal leads to nothing and autozone's parts lookup for a swap-able part number to give it a shot is a seal thats the wrong size. Cardone replied back to me via email and said they cannot give the parts numbers for the parts they use for the rebuilds.

Just figured it would be nice to find a replacement seal for around 10 bucks since that is all that is wrong.

Comment

If Kia doesn't show it as a separate part number, then I'm pretty sure Ford won't either.

Comment

Looks like I'm going to have to break down and get a rebuilt distributor then. Its not like I can go through all of national oil seals stock and see which would work for a replacement , too much money and time consuming and specs on them aren't always there.
                    Last edited by Winfield1990; 05-30-2014, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Cardone replied back to my email

"I have a 1993 ford festiva and would like to fix my oil leak through my distributor on it without buying a whole replacement since thats the only issue with it. I have not been able to source a part number for the shaft lip seal, I see cardone rebuilds these distributors with new seals so was wondering if the parts number could be given to me to order one."

"Good morning Mr. Winfield, we do apologize but we do not offer the seals nor any of the components for the rebuild. You can send your core in for rebuild thru any parts store such as NAPA, CARQUEST or ORIELLY’S. There is an 80% chance we would be able to rebuild the core and the turn-around time would be approximately 3-5 business day. Any pricing would be provided by the store you select you handle your “R&R”."

so either they misunderstood that I was not trying to order a seal from them just get the part number that they use, or they do not release that information. Kind of unclear from how the response was worded "we do not offer the seals nor any of the components for the rebuild" regardless a failed attempt at getting rebuild information for our distributors, so looks like I need to break down and order a whole rebuilt distributor. Maybe I can get a cheaper price locally under a friends business account than at rockauto but I doubt it.

Comment

Winfield. Could this be what you are looking for?
                        Offer the seller $5.50
                        There are also a lot of them on Rear Counter.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 06-02-2014, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Greetings "bravekozak"
                          I think you are on the right track. This most likely be "it" I hope that we can continue this thread with feedback from folks who also try to fix the same problem as this is one of the most comon "oil leak" problem in any car fitted with distributor. I have GLi model "Aspire" made by "Kia Motors" with 142,000km on the clock and i expecting this "issue" to creep in soon. Please if more of you out there with same issues out there do write your feedback. "bravekozak" once again thank you

Comment

Have you tried going to a bearing store and see if the can cross it.

Comment

Why is that eBay part unique to the 88 & 89 though? Sounds like it fits something internal on the Carby Dizzy's....
                              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
                              X