No announcement yet.

No Power after Rebuild.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zack is right. The distributer rotation is counter-clockwise. I mis-typed in my earlier post.

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
    Fouling of the spark plugs makes me think you had/have the wires wrong.

1342 counter-clockwise on the distributor, starting from the one closest to your face when you stand in front of the car.
    Plug 1 is the far left, counting across to the right to plug 4.

The timing belt could still be a contributor. To reset cam timing, Pull the tensioner back and tighten it out of the way. Pull off the belt, then align the cam marks to 12. Pull the belt tight from the crank to the right side of the cam pulley before you push it around and on. Let the tension of the spring pull the tensioner to the belt and tighten it.

Other things to check for loss of power: unmetered air leaks between the VAF and intake, dirty air filter or fuel filter, spark timing (clocking the distributor). If you set the spark timing, don't forget to ground out the single terminal by the brake booster to train the computer. I forget whether it's the single white or single black spade connector though.
    "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
    “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

Well I remember by thinking of the rotation of the engine. The camshaft is rotating with the crank which is rotating the same way as the wheels.

I also tap my fingers in the firing order to remember that, but I guess we're all special in our own ways and have different mnemonic devices lol
      -Zack
      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Working...
      X