acting like it is stalling in midway acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acting like it is stalling in midway acceleration

it's like it feel it isn't getting any gas midway of the accelerator being pushed. barely tap the gas it's OK, midway pushing the gas it acts up then i punch it full throttle and it stops, but i can feel it not with the same power like it is holding back. Now i have a new fuel filter ,fuel pump , cap and rotor, wires and plugs, air filter. its a festy 89 carbed.

it did it once in awhile now it;s doing it more frequently.

Comment

It's probably the accelerator pump on the carburetor. This little pump squirts a small amount of gas into the throat of the carb when you step down on the gas. Over time the gasket inside the pump will dry out and no longer squirt as much if any. You would probably have to rebuild the carb, but you may be able to just rebuild the accelerator pump.
      ~Jeff
      1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
      1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
      2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

is this accelerator pump inside the carb? and this stall is happening when i give it gas, and when I'm on the gas i can feel it not have it's regular power.

Comment

Have you cleaned the carburettor? Like the other fellow, you might try a spray can of carburettor cleaner as an inexpensive test before trying any ting else.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
          X