Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MY 93 FESTIVA USING ALOT OF PETROL ALSO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY 93 FESTIVA USING ALOT OF PETROL ALSO!

HEY I READ THE OTHER POST BUT EVERYONE CAME TO DIFFERENT CONCLUSIONS AS TO WHAT IT COULD BE COULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHY ITS USING SO MUCH PETROL IM ONLY DROPPING THE GIRLFRIEND OFF AT WORK AROUND THE CORNER, GOING THERE FOR LUNCH, AND PICKING HER UP PUTTING $15 IN A DAY! ITS REALLY ANNOYING IVE HAD THE CAR FOR ONLY 2 MONTHS AND WHEN I BROUGHT IT, IT WAS GREAT ON PETROL ITS ONLY STARTING DOING IT ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO. I EVEN RAN OUT AND HAD TO PUSH IT TO THE SERVO WITH MY GF TRYING TO STEER SHE DOESNT EVEN HAVE HER LICENCE.

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AS TO WHAT THIS COULD BE

THANKS. USING 8L EVERY 1000 METERS SOMETHING LIKE THAT.. NORMAL SPEED IS ABOUT 55-60
    Last edited by Pedropete91; 07-16-2014, 09:49 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

I'm going to keep this short. Stop driving your car, call a mobile mechanic, and fix your gas leak immediately before something terrible happens.
    Last edited by Aaronbrook37; 07-16-2014, 10:05 AM.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

And stop yelling.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk
      1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

ABOUT 2500 METERS... THERE IS NO PETROL/GAS LEAK CANNOT SMELL IT NO LEAKS OUTSIDE MY CAR ALSO IT CAME FROM A PERSON THAT HAD YOUNG KIDS SO DEFF NOT A GAS LEAK AS HE WOULD OF FIXED IT

Comment

IM NOT YELLING BY THE WAY SO DONT TRY TELL ME WHAT TO DO

Comment

You're not making much sense, friend. You said it started after you bought the car, meaning that the previous owner's maintenance knowledge and history are not relevant.

Comment

ALL CAPS= YELLING

Comment

Could your brakes be bad.... causing your motor to pull harder?

Comment

Sorry, just realized this was an old thread.

Comment

Excuse my translations and math, but are you claiming to get .3 miles per gallon? 1 kilometer per 8 liters, or .6 miles per 2 US gallons.

Do you hear any strange noises?

Comment

I DON'T THINK HE CAN HEAR MUCH AT ALL JUDGING BY THE SHOUTING.

Seriously though, listen to Aaron. If you are indeed using that much fuel and its not leaking, you are going to be washing out your piston rings and contaminating your oil with gas. Once gas gets in your oil it will no longer lubricate properly.

If you keep driving without fixing it you are going to kill your engine very quickly.
                      Last edited by SiliconSoul; 07-16-2014, 12:59 PM.
                      - Form should follow function...

Comment

SORRY IF IM NOT MAKING SENCE... FRIEND... BUT IM TRYING TO SAY I BROUGHT THE CAR ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO AND ITS BEEN REALLY GOOD ON PETROL/GAS. UP UNTILL ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO ITS STARTED TO USE BULK PETROL... SO FROM 3 WEEKS AGO UNTILL NOW ITS USING ALOT OF PETROL...

IM NOT SURE IF MY BRAKES ARE BAD IM GOING TO JACK THE CAR UP TODAY AND SEE IF THE WHEEL SPINS FREELY THATS THE ONLY WAY I CAN THINK OF. ITS NOT AN OLD THREAD MADE IT LAST NIGHT.

YES THATS WHAT IM CLAIMING ABOUT 1KM/2KM PER 8L NO I DONT HEAR ANY STRANGE NOISES.

MY EARS ARE FINE WHY ARE YOU JUDGING BECAUSE ITS IN CAPS GET A GRIP. I WILL DO AN OIL CHANGE JUST SO THE THING DOESNT BLOW UP. HOW WOULD PETROL/GAS BE GETTING IN THERE?? IVE BEEN DRIVING IT FOR 3 WEEKS LIKE THIS AND IT HASNT BLOWN UP YET IF THERE WAS PETROL/GAS GETTING IN AND NOT LUBRICATING THE ENGINE PROPERLY IM SURE IT WOULD OF BLOWN UP BY NOW.

IT DOES BLOW A FAIR BIT OF SMOKE ON START UP

THANKS
                        PEDRO

Comment

I understand what you're saying. What doesn't make sense is why you mentioned the fact that there can't possibly be a leak because the previous owner would have fixed it when it didn't start until 5 weeks after you bought it.

Comment

YES ITS AUTO, NO IM NOT USING PREMIUM, ALL 4 TYRES ARE INFLATED TO 34 P.S.I. I WILL BE PUTTING THEM TO 40 SEE IF THAT HELPS, NORMAL SPEED ABOUT 55-60. I DO GO UP AND DOWN A LITTLE HILL ITS NOT VERY STEEP AT ALL.

Comment

I GET YOU, IM TRYING TO SAY THAT IF THERE WAS A LEAK OR HE SMELT PETROL/GAS HE WOULD OF FIXED IT AS HE HAD YOUNG KIDS AND WOULD OF BEEN VERY STUPID NOT TO. I CANNOT SEE OR SMELL ANY SIGNS OF LEAKING PETROL/GAS
                              Last edited by Pedropete91; 07-16-2014, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X