1991 Ford Festiva loose hose??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 Ford Festiva loose hose??

Hi, I cant seem to find what hose this is or where it goes too, I'm not good with engines or cars and don't know which parts are which. If anybody knows it would be a lot of help!image.jpg

Uh, do you happen to have an automatic transmission?
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

5 speed. Manual

Comment

HELP?

Comment

Can u show us what the other end is connected to? Is there,a hose on the vacuum diaphram on the distributor hooked up?

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
            Can u show us what the other end is connected to? Is there,a hose on the vacuum diaphram on the distributor hooked up?
            Ummm the 91's don't have vacuum advanced dizzys.

The only other hose I could think of that is that size would be one of the coolant lines for the IAC valve, but then you would be dumping coolant all over the place if that were the case. =/

Or maybe a fuel hose that goes to the fuel rail? But then the car wouldn't be running at all and would be spraying gas everywhere if you attempted to start it.
            Last edited by TorqueEffect; 07-24-2014, 04:59 PM.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Some of the hoses are colour coded to show where they go. Can't see from the photo if that hose has a colour painted on it. The colour is usually a dashed line the length of the hose.
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

I'm thinking maybe before I baught the car it was once an automatic converted to a 5 speed? And that was just a hose from the transmission?

Comment

Working...
                X