Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 festiva headlight lense change

Hi all,

I am new to the forum so please excuse me if this has previously been asked.
    I did search before posting but could not find any threads.

Can anyone provide any guidance on how to change the headlight cover? They seem so dark even with the highest legal bulbs inside. Is it possible to get clear covers so it can provide more light?

Any help is appreciated.

Have a good day all!

Dez

In '94 here in the USA the Festiva changed over to the "Aspire" which looks more like an "egg" than the boxy lines we're used to seeing with the Festiva (which uses glass headlamps that don't get dark).

In Australia I believe you kept the Festiva name despite the body design change in which case you'd have plastic headlamps.

You really have two choices - repair or replace. You can purchase new headlamp assemblies and just swap them out, or you can repair them with a headlamp "restoration" kit which basically uses sandpaper to scuff up and smooth out the plastic and then some kind of clearcoat (hopefully UV resistant) to fill in the gaps to make it shiny and clear again.

Yes you can usually remove the lenses by putting the headlamp in the oven to heat up (and loosen) the adhesive but there is a high risk of breakage and also lenses typically aren't available separately making this a not very viable option.

As far as where to get new assemblies... I couldn't tell you for Australia... hopefully one of our down under members can help.

Comment

Working...
    X