festiva to aspire to festiva swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• festiva to aspire to festiva swap

i have all new brake equipment on my aspire, but id prefer for it to be on my festiva, because my festiva also has very good operating brakes, i just want the upgrade. can i just swap the two, including the swap bar and rear beam, amoungst my two cars. id hate to have to spend money at the jy for rio/aspire parts then get the new rotor/drums and pads to go along with it all also. so im mainly asking if i can do the whole festiva swap onto my aspire.

Someone asked this before, and I'm sure you could, but selling an Aspire with brakes that can barely stop a 1700lb car doesn't seem very nice (assuming you plan to sell it)!

Aspires are like having a sumo in the passenger seat of a Festiva to give a good mental image on the extra weight.
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Yup, agree. The weaker Festy brakes have no business on an Aspire.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I still don't see how festiva breaks are bad, don't get me wrong aspire are better,but even with 4 people in my festiva and 14 inch wheels and tires I could lock up my breaks after your wheels are locked there's no need for bigger breaks.
        I did do the aspire swap on my current dd because I needed a rear spindle and couldn't find a festiva replacement.
        Also as we all know the captured rotor design is crap.
        But I believe festiva breaks in good working order are pretty good.
        Still wouldn't do a reverse swap to a a aspire even if I was to keep it. Why would you want to down grade?

Comment

Because my aspire had brand new rotor/pad/calipers. And that would be a good 500 dollars in parts to replicate that from a junkyard mix with new parts.

Comment

Like if I went out and purchased the rear beam, the front spindles, tie rods, etc

Comment

My aspire is only a work car that never sees above 55mph. So stopping distance isn't a big deal. You just gotta plan ahead and not tailgate like a prick

Comment

Working...
              X