Locating a vacuum line to connect AC regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locating a vacuum line to connect AC regulator

Hi all, I know most guys here don't use the b5 dohc engine, however I'm trying to install the AC regulator that would increase the throttle when the AC is switched on. However every vacuum hose i removed does not increase the throttle!! No idea why.
    JAMAICA TO THE WORLD
    I don't complain, i just come plain.

Does the B5 computer provide the signal for idle up? or is it just a good old fashioned vacuum relay idle up?

I had to install a circuit in my Festiva that sends juice directly to my idle up solenoid when my A/C switch is pushed in (and the blower switch is turned on). That is because I have a vacuum pull on my throttle assembly (to tug on both carbies at the same time). My vacuum source is the intake manifold (where the EGR valve used to be). I am using a Toyota idle up setup.

The idle up valve is usually mounted on the firewall. That's where I also mounted mine (beside the windshield wiper motor).
    Last edited by bravekozak; 08-14-2014, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      Does the B5 computer provide the signal for idle up? or is it just a good old fashioned vacuum relay idle up?

I had to install a circuit in my Festiva that sends juice directly to my idle up solenoid when my A/C switch is pushed in (and the blower switch is turned on). That is because I have a vacuum pull on my throttle assembly (to tug on both carbies at the same time). My vacuum source is the intake manifold (where the EGR valve used to be). I am using a Toyota idle up setup.

The idle up valve is usually mounted on the firewall. That's where I also mounted mine (beside the windshield wiper motor).
      I want to do a similar setup, i also have a Toyota idle up solenoid (show pic later) which would connect onto a vacuum line, where when activated would release vacuum thus increasing the idle, and not pulling on the throttle like yours. The problem i'm having is none of the small vacuum hose i removed increase the idle!! except the hose to the brake booster, so i don't know where to install the solenoid. :banghead:
      Last edited by alpaccino; 08-14-2014, 09:00 AM.
      JAMAICA TO THE WORLD
      I don't complain, i just come plain.

Comment

Working...
      X