Temperature Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature Sensor

Yesterday I got back from a 750 mile trip with the Festiva and since the rebuild I have not been able to get above 31 mpg. The timing is right on and the air flow sensor appears to be working as it should. I also replaced the O2 sensor with a Denso. I am wondering about the temperature indicator sensor. I know where the sensor is for the fan on/off relay and the sensor for the gauge but I do not know where the temperature sensor is that feeds into the ECU. Can someone tell me?

Also, when I ground out the wire by the brake master cylinder and check the timing the white mark is smack dab on the pointer (as it should be). When I disconnect the ground the engine speeds up a little and the timing advances about 1/4" above the pointer. When I rev the engine the timing advances quite a bit. Is this how it should behave? What is the yellow mark for?

Would fuel pressure effect the mileage? Injectors?

I've even tried keeping my foot out of it only to end up getting pulled over by the State Patrol for driving too slow. Go figure.

Thanks.

Do you have a auto transmission?

Comment

Yes, automatic with a/c and p/s. 100% stock with exception of radio.

Comment

If its the temperature sensor that I changed it is right by the fuel injector rail on the passenger side and mine was green. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jimdigs View Post
          If its the temperature sensor that I changed it is right by the fuel injector rail on the passenger side and mine was green. Hope this helps.
          For sure, there it is. Rock Auto has sensors by several different manufacturers. I am not concerned with "cheapest" I just need to fix the problem. Is there any brand that is better than another? What was the original?

Comment

I took mine to oreillys and had them match it up with what they had in stock. Glad I did because the first one they brought out that was supposed to be what I was to use looked a lot like what I had but after looking further would not of plugged in the same way. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X