Let's talk proportions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk proportions.

Last night I installed the aspire knuckle on the passenger side. It took about 2 hours with me going nice and slow, ensuring everything was clean and tourqued correctly. I went to bed and Told myself id do the other one in the morning bring it to the alignment shop then parade around with my new wheels. So what was supposed to be a two hour task turned into an all day ordeal. Everything went beautifully up to the point when I was doing to remove the rubber brake hose. When removing the brake hose so I could install the aspire one I broke a hard line in half. I thought oh well, this sucks but I have the Mazda out in the street. Ill pull a line half ask bend it so it goes where it needs to go put it in and go on with my life.

Fast forward 3hours. Everything is drenched in brake fluid. I waited till the bake fluid stopped dripping, or do I thought. As soon as I got under there every 20 seconds a drip would hit me straight in the forehead and about every 2 minutes one world magically hit me in the eye. The proportion valve is now assumably stripped out and a wrench is sticking out of the wall. (Not literally)

My question is is the aspire proportion valve the same as the festiva. I can get one here in town for 30 bucks. If not I will have to run to el paso.

Thanks in advance
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

The answer to my question is yes. I had to do slight modifications to the brake lines but all is well now. Brakes like a boss.
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Working...
    X