Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front driver side turn signal problem

Ok I am getting seriously PO'd at this.

I pulled the turn signal socket out of the 88lx since the one on my 91l was smashed, but functional.

I feed through the wires, rehook it up. turn the hazards on, nothing, all the other 3 flashers come on except this one. Ok I figured I got the wires on the plug mixed up, switched them around, nothing, checked the socket directly for power, it spikes in voltage every time the relay clicks. So the socket is getting power. Figured maybe the bulb is dead even though the filament is good, tried 3 other known working bulbs and not a single one flashes, but they all work when I plug them into the rear turn signal socket.

I am effing stumped

Tried cleaning the connections with wd40, but that doesn't seem to work. Guess the only thing left I have to try is electrical cleaner.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-01-2014, 12:14 PM.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Ok I am getting seriously PO'd at this.

I pulled the turn signal socket out of the 88lx since the one on my 91l was smashed, but functional.

I feed through the wires, rehook it up. turn the hazards on, nothing, all the other 3 flashers come on except this one. Ok I figured I got the wires on the plug mixed up, switched them around, nothing, checked the socket directly for power, it spikes in voltage every time the relay clicks. So the socket is getting power. Figured maybe the bulb is dead even though the filament is good, tried 3 other known working bulbs and not a single one flashes, but they all work when I plug them into the rear turn signal socket.

I am effing stumped

Tried cleaning the connections with wd40, but that doesn't seem to work. Guess the only thing left I have to try is electrical cleaner.
    I cleaned it, I still get voltage, but bulb refuses to flash. I can only guess that I damaged the wiring internally when trying to pull the plug apart.

Comment

Weirdly after messing with the passenger side plug, the driver's side started working again. Go figure.

Stupid weird electrics.

Comment

probably have a dodgy ground somewhere

Comment

The grounds for the headlamps and turn signals are screwed to the engine compartment fender panels behind each headlamp. It would be a good idea to clean them at least once every twenty years.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 09-01-2014, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X