Help over the phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help over the phone?

Is there any guy or gal on here who is willing to call me to help me work on my current festiva issues?

My 1.3 92 festiva wont start. i Have a great battier and a brand new starter. im looking for the ignition switch
    currently but am not having luck. I do get power....all the lights come on, but im not getting any clicking.. i can jump it to start it
    or can do a push stat to start it.

It would be nice to be able to talk to some one over the phone, if any of you have a free minute feel free to contact me.

(eight one eight ) 667-3901

Thanks to all in advance.
    Last edited by phoxx; 09-06-2014, 02:13 PM.

Check the fusible links on the drivers side strut tower. They are known culprits for no starts.
    "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
    “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

All the lights come on, probably not the main fuse. Plus, it roll starts.
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Check all the electrical connections, especially the grounds. All should be cleaned, and free of corrosion. All should be TIGHT.

Comment

Check the single spade solenoid power wire to the starter. When it's connected, it powers the solenoid to move the starter gear in and connect contacts for the starter
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

When we talk on the phone it deprives other members. By jump start you mean you can make it crank by jumping the terminals on the starter solenoid ?
            You suspect the ignition switch and it very well could be. Other than the clutch switch and wires that would be all that is left. The ignition switch can be checked by removing the lower clam shell and grasping the back side of the switch where the wires come out. While trying to crank the engine wiggle and push in on the back side of the switch at the same time. If it tries to crank your hunch was right. If nothing happens use a jumper wire to jump the battery wire solder connection and the starter wire solder connection. Please don't ask which ones they are, one is the only one hot when the key is off and the other will be the one that never lights a test light no matter where you turn the key.
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Good info, I had to install a push button because of the same issue
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I just read what I wrote and the "please don't ask" part could be taken wrong, sorry. Eurotiva, where did you mount a push button?
                Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                  the clutch switch
                  Neutral safety switch would cause a no start like this, I forgot about that.

Comment

Hello again to all,
                    Fist off i would like to thank all of you for helping me with my festiva issue.

I also want to let u guys/gals know that i bought this car (92 festiva 145k $900)as a project for me to learn the basics of car mechanics.
                    but....its also my daily driver, so being able to ask educated people about my car and receive fast responses is an amazing help.

So i was having a problem with starting my car. So i took off my starter and had it rebuild......still no start so i check the connection from the negative cable to its ground....its super loose and dirty, i take it off
                    and scrub it down.....still no start....drink a beer......take off alternator have it tested....its shot....buy a rebuilt one and stick it in....runs like a champ.

One thing i did not mention in my post above is that every time it started my car the battier light would be on until i gave it some gas. it had done this since i bought it 4k ago so i thought nothing of it just old car was my guess.
                    Turns out that light was telling me about a problem...who would have thought. Any way thats all i got for now.

Once again thank you so much for the people that wrote me in response to my question.

Comment

RED ALERT-Thanks for posting the fix for your problem. This site could be so much better if everyone did that. There are way too many dead ends. I propose there should be a "rule"/convention about that. Not only does complete information help the beginner, it helps us who don't know every-thing, and it reminds those with experience of the basics which, I believe, we all sometimes forget for a moment. It also shows how symptoms, which are general and relate to more than one problem area, can have us chasing around Left field when we should be in Right.
                      When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

It ended up being the alternator eh? No start alternator issues?

Comment

Working...
                        X