No wipers when cold out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No wipers when cold out

So the past few mornings it has been just chilly enough where I needed the wipers to keep the windshield from fogging over and every morning they don't work all the way to work. After work that afternoon they work just fine. Anybody have this problem before
    93 L plus 5 speed, custom herculined paint job, custom billet grille

Check and clean your grounds.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 09-06-2014, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Okay I'll check but y would it only do it when its colder?
      93 L plus 5 speed, custom herculined paint job, custom billet grille

Comment

Cold weather does crazy things to cars. The lights that illuminate the gauge cluster nor the left blinker indicator of my car do not light up when it is cold outside. When the car heats the cabin they start working again.
        91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
        06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

As mentioned it could be dirt. Try spraying WD-40 or contact cleaner on all wiring, including into the switch on the steering column. I have that problem every once in a while and WD-40 clears it up. Happened just this week after a period of heavy rain. Good luck.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

electronics are like that. with the expansion and contraction of connections from repeated heating and cooling over time, and not to forget that push connnectors are prone to oxidation.

Comment

Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post
              Cold weather does crazy things to cars. The lights that illuminate the gauge cluster nor the left blinker indicator of my car do not light up when it is cold outside. When the car heats the cabin they start working again.
              Chobob, that's what happens to mine every winter, kind of a pain in the but, I have pulled the cluster out and cleaned and cleaned but no help so till it warms up in the cabin it's lights out.
              An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Working...
              X