Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having problems with my ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP still!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

image.jpg

Comment

The pump is over heating because you have a CHEAP pump too far away from the source of fuel.
      It's meant to push fuel not pull.
      The filter is fine close to the engine that doesn't matter.

I run a walboro inside of my driver front fender. It's mounted just behind the tire so it is low on the car. I have a carby tank. I've been running this setup on a turbo car for 5 yrs.
      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

One thing to remember, if that filter ever gets dirty the dirt will be inside the filter, not outside where you can see it. Awesome, now you have a fuel return, fresh fuel from the tank will cool the pump all the time and fuel going into the carby will be cool.
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

So you're only using a in line pump, so it's always pulling fuel. Could cause it to cavitate. Another idea would be a voltage limiting resistor inline to the pump. If flow is too high, the fuel will absorb heat from the engine via the fuel rail, ands eventually will cause the tank gas to get hot enough the pump will lock up/stop working. The purpose of metal return line under the car could be for return cooling. If you run fuel line back to the tank for a return line, it won't get cooled.

Comment

I noticed in your pic, That the FUEL FILTER is mounted BACKWARDS! The "FLOW" marking on the filter is going the wrong way! Turn that filter around. Gas is going towards the carb and that is the direction of flow.

Originally posted by Pedropete91 View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16337[/ATTACH]
            Last edited by drddan; 09-24-2014, 12:42 PM.
            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

^^^^ That will put the dirt back out where you can see it. Can hold more volume of dirt but this filter is not there for filtering, it is there because of the calibrated orifice returning fuel to the tank.
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Ahhhh ..... I see it now ...
                Last edited by drddan; 09-25-2014, 12:23 PM.
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Well I can't do it. There is 4 metal lines near the fuel tank do I cut them or what?

Comment

How am I ment to mount it near the fuel tank so it doesn't get so hot?

I had a look under the car near the tank but can only see 4 metal lines what do I do which one is the fuel line? Do I cut one and run the fuel pump there?

Comment

Maybe it would be easier to replace your cam and rockers with a set that will work the mechanical pump. Just sayin'.

Comment

Working...
                      X