No announcement yet.

Air, no! Heat, no! Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a motor if you would need one along with the whole heater assembly .

Comment

No, car never had ac. Thanks for the offer Jaketlong. I'll probably have a chance to get at it and see what I can figure out on Monday.

Comment

If you remove the glove box door ( Phillips screws by hinge with door open) there's a white duct to the far passenger side. There's two 10mm bolts holding it on/up. Remove those and it will give you access to where the leaves and debris are.
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

pm me if you are going to buy because I will forget that I said that haha

Comment

Today I got under dash and took out my glove compartment, main air duct and vent box, as well as the blower motor. The brushes are shot! Also have debris covering the magnets, coil, stator, etc.... I wanted to upload pics but every time I try it tells me I've exceeded kb limits. Never happened before, what do I need to do here?
            Also wondering if anyone has ever replaced the brushes to their fan. If so was wondering what size I need. Looks like dremel brushes would work good.

Comment

Originally posted by kevyrev View Post
              Today I got under dash and took out my glove compartment, main air duct and vent box, as well as the blower motor. The brushes are shot! Also have debris covering the magnets, coil, stator, etc.... I wanted to upload pics but every time I try it tells me I've exceeded kb limits. Never happened before, what do I need to do here?
              Also wondering if anyone has ever replaced the brushes to their fan. If so was wondering what size I need. Looks like dremel brushes would work good.

To delete old pictures to make room for more:
              Click on HOME, then click on your AVATAR picture, Then scroll down to the bottom of "MY SETTINGS" and click on "ATTACHMENTS" check the pictures you want to delete (note: you may have multiple pages of attachments),
              go the bottom of your pictures and click on the little box in the lower right corner "Delete Selected".

Easiest thing is to create a photobucket account, upload your pictures there and then copy and paste a link from the photo you want to include in your thread post.
              Last edited by 1990new; 09-29-2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

blower.jpg The blower blades full of crud. Bits of leaves were almost turned into mulch inside my air duct.

Comment

WP_20140929_006.jpg This is the inside of my air vents!
                  WP_20140929_002.jpg And now a look at the mulch in my duct from my leaf blower!

Comment

[/URL] Inside the blower motor housing. Magnets are covered with fuzz!

Comment

[/URL] And here is where the brushes should be! Actually they were almost completely ground up.

Comment

By the way thinks for the tip 1990new. Using photobucket to upload is much, much better.

Comment

[/URL] This is why my blower only works on high. Need a new resistor.

Comment

Last night I was able to take apart an old shop vac that didn't work. Removed the brushes and filed them down to work in my blower motor. Sorry didn't get any pics of the cleaned up motor and new brushes. Filling them down was quite messy, lots of carbon fillings everywhere. This thread is done, thanks to all for the advice and help. I was able to remove the firewall plate to get at some debris thanks to my friend 1990new for that advice. All I need now is a new motor resistor so that the fan can work on all speeds, that thing is hard to find!
                            Last edited by kevyrev; 10-01-2014, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kevyrev View Post
                              Last night I was able to take apart an old shop vac that didn't work. Removed the brushes and filed them down to work in my blower motor. Sorry didn't get any pics of the cleaned up motor and new brushes. Filling them down was quite messy, lots of carbon fillings everywhere. This thread is done, thanks to all for the advice and help. I was able to remove the firewall plate to get at some debris thanks to my friend 1990new for that advice. All I need now is a new motor resistor so that the fan can work on all speeds, that thing is hard to find!
                              "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
                              “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

Dalebwilson you are the man!! Thanks !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X