spider gears in diff dropped out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spider gears in diff dropped out

can anyone help me, i am swapping the tranny in my '97 aspire & did not realize u had to leave one of the cv axles in to keep the diff gears in place. needless to say when i went to put the axles back in the spider gear dropped out & is now laying in the bottom of my diff case, if anyone has any ideas on how to re seat the gear i would be very grateful.
    P.S i know this was a dumb move so please hold off on the insults.
    '97 aspire
    '89 b2200

well, i don't know the exact answer. but i do remember this happened to fastiva604 with i think was a g series. its in the old ez bord stuff. I went back to page 6 to try to find it for ya.i know its a different tranny but I'm sure it would give you a good idea. i remember him saying he would have to take it apart. It would be in the "turbo eng swaps" on the old ez. im sure some time tonight some one can better help you. good luck and welcome!
    went from a 93 b6t festy t0 a 89 carbed 4spd! what an upgrade

Comment

thanx, i'll check it out 8)
      '97 aspire
      '89 b2200

Comment

thanx, i'll check it out 8)
        '97 aspire
        '89 b2200

Comment

BTW............
          P.S i know this was a dumb move so please hold off on the insults.

no way. maybe if you said...........
          I got a flat on my car today. i jacked it up. but then when i tried to get the lug nuts loose the wheel kept spinning. Please help me!

or maybe......
          can some one please tell me how to use the quote thing.

:lol:
          went from a 93 b6t festy t0 a 89 carbed 4spd! what an upgrade

Comment

You might as well resign yourself to the fact you are going to have to remove the transmission and disassemble it to get the gears back in. It was not only the gears that dropped in, but 2 thrust washers also. The only way you could put the gears back in place would be if you had extremely long fingers and could reach inside the axle hole on each side of the transmission, locate the gear and the thrust washer for each side, assemble the thrust washer to the spider gear, (you have to do both sides at once) and then rotate them simultaneously back into position. It's impossible, I've tried.
            John
            You gonna race that thing?
            http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

yeah i have already taken the tranny back out, so i guess i'll be cracking that bad boy open this weekend to get those gears. thanx for the help.
              '97 aspire
              '89 b2200

Comment

And wait 'til you find out the spider gears are under EVERYTHING. You have to take almost every part out of the transmission to get to them. :lol:
                John
                You gonna race that thing?
                http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

yeah i figure it won't be easy, but it'll be a learning experience for me as i've never opened up a tranny before, & at least it's not my only mode of transportation :lol:
                  '97 aspire
                  '89 b2200

Comment

Working...
                  X