Brake Lights and Reverse Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Lights and Reverse Lights

After realizing that neither my reverse lights nor my brake lights seem to be working I have deduced that the stop light switch attached to the brake pedal seems to be broken. I was able to loosen the thing with a wrench and am going to be attempting to replace it today. Has anyone else done this? It seems easy enough, but I am a true novice when it comes to this stuff. Is it truly as easy as unplugging the old one and popping in the new one? As for the reverse lights both bulbs are missing so that is the obvious place to start, but also the contact for one of them is completely gone. Again this all seems easy enough and pretty straight forward, I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks that they would like to share.

For the brake lights and reverse lights you can try and find the same kind of pin to put back on the sire ore you can hit up a junkyard to see if you can find a festy that you can just yank the tail light harness out of. I might have a spare one if you need it also.

Comment

Natural, did you test the brake switch with a multimeter for continuity when open and when closed? Or, if you don't have a multimeter, just put a jumper wire across the terminals in the connector to see if the lights work?
      Last edited by bravekozak; 09-28-2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X