info on ower motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info on ower motor

hi we have a 1990 ford festiva with a 1.3.l is a stick. we know have oil in the clinder we think its two or 3 can u help tell us the firing order. it the secon one from the left in this pic. plz and that u?
    ge has a few leads on the issue but wanting outsiders opions. thank u so muchty1

motor.jpg

1-3-4-2 is the firing order, left to right.

Comment

What's an "ower"?
      Rick
      1993 Ford Festiva
      1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
      1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
      2000 Ford E350

Comment

I think it's supposed to say "our" but I can't be sure.
        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by alharper1981 View Post
          hi we have a 1990 ford festiva with a 1.3.l is a stick. we know have oil in the clinder we think its two or 3 can u help tell us the firing order. it the second one from the left in this pic. plz and that u?
          ge has a few leads on the issue but wanting outsiders opions. thank u so muchty1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16403[/ATTACH]
          In your pic, the cylinder numbers from left to right are 1-2-3-4. The left side of the motor, on the passenger side, is the "front" of the motor, so that is where cylinder #1 is. The front of the motor is always the side with the timing belt/timing chain, regardless if the motor is oriented front-to-rear or transverse, like FWD motors typically are. The second one from the left is therefore cylinder #2.

The firing order on the distributor is 1-3-4-2, as n5554t said.
          Last edited by TominMO; 10-01-2014, 10:41 PM.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
            I think it's supposed to say "our" but I can't be sure.
            Thanks, now I see it. I wasn't trying to be a jerk. It just wasn't registering to me. I thought maybe some letters were missing.

Alharper my 4th cylinder has an oil problem and I have to change the spark plug every so often.
            Rick
            1993 Ford Festiva
            1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
            1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
            2000 Ford E350

Comment

thank you everyone,
              sorry about the typo i didnt think u where being a jerk. thanks so we r ok for a while with the cylinder so its 1-3-4-2.he was thinking it was going to be a bear of a problem ill tell him we are fine for know. we are probly buying a motor from a moderator on her just have to get the funds toghter its been a rough year for us. thank you so much for you help and being understanding. my husband andy isnt realy good with computers. so am the middle wo-man lol

Comment

Working...
              X