Clutch Plate Problem, or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Plate Problem, or what?

I installed a B6 into my car, and I know this sounds stupid...but, when I slam on the gas, it feels like the engine fell out of gear. The RPM's rev high, and there is no forward power added.

Now, what's the problem? Do I need a new pressure plate? New clutch? What? Since I added the new engine, would it be best if I bought an aftermarket clutch? Anyone that knows about these things, please respond. Thank you.

well we sure could use some more information on this.

Before you installed the B6 was the transmission tested and working? Did you hook up everything right, did you put a new clutch in when you installed the engine? Or did you use the old one. Was the car fine before when you did the same thing with the b3? How many miles does the current clutch have on it. Is the tranny making any noises? Did it drive at all after the swap or did it just happen?

Logan

Comment

you should have an inch of free-play before the pedal engages the pressure plate,
      if you you don't, back off the adjusting nut on the clutch cable at the clutch fork

if the free-play is right,
      then you should just replace the entire clutch assembly
      replacing just the pressure plate is never a good idea, it takes 4 to tango down there

Comment

Working...
      X