Windshield trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield trim

The plasti coat on the windshield trim is coming off bad but not bad enough that I can pick it all off and get the nice chrome underneath to show. Would a heat gun make it come off or just make a mess ? any other ideas ?

The windshield trim is stainless. It has and extruded coating on it that was melted on at a very high temperature. The stainless has been acid etched prioe to extruding, so that the extrusion won't peel of the substrate. Good luck.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 10-07-2014, 05:45 PM.

Comment

it's is a about half peeled off it looks terrible. Thought about masking it in place and spraying it black again. can get more of it off with picking at it but some of it I can tell is not coming off.

Comment

How about soaking a rag in brake fluid and wrap it around the trim as a way to remove the plastic. good luck
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

i dunno. you can probably polish up the stainless but just envisioning it, shiny window trim would seem out of place on this car. well maybe if you went with chrome door handles, grille, bumper stripes, roof molding, mirrors, washer nozzle.

Comment

Working...
          X